Meet the APPRO and CERRON Team: Mitchell Branscombe
Name: Mitchell Branscombe
Role: Designer, APPRO Development, Inc.
What is your earliest memory of selling, designing or building something?
- When I was around six, my church constructed a new building and acquired many cardboard boxes from all the materials. So, naturally, my cousins and friends dedicated a room in which we constructed "Boxville" - a chaotic community of kids with tunnels and houses and even a town hall - all made out of cardboard. Uno cards were currency, and candy was gold. (By the way, there is now even a kids' camp for creating cardboard forts called"Adventures in Cardboard"- how cool is that!?)
What inspires and/or motivates you in what you do with APPRO and CERRON?
- Sifting through facts and ideas to find the most effective and intelligent solution to a problem.
- I enjoy outdoor activity; hiking, camping, canoeing and general adventuring.
- I am a Brazilian and an American citizen
- I have two - the first is a favorite Calvin and Hobbes cartoon by Bill Watterson:
- The second is a quote by Aldo Leopold:
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant, 'What good is it?' If the land mechanism as a whole is good, then every part is good, whether we understand it or not. If the biota, in the course of aeons, has build something we like but do not understand, then who but a fool would discard seemingly useless parts? To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering." (You may learn more about Aldo Leopold and his foundation HERE.)
- Too many places to count. But, Alaska would be cool!
Mitchell is eager to work on new projects for our commercial and industrial building clients and to put his art and design education and experience to use. Mitchell is a graduate of UW-Milwaukee's School of Architecture and Urban Planning. During his time there his focus was in Public Interest Design, Tactical Urbanism, and Placemaking. A passion for community service and helping others, combined with the need to create and build, has driven this focus and afforded him experience with some “interesting” projects. He is hoping in his work with APPRO, in his behind the scenes role as a researcher and designer, he will engage in all that it takes to bring theory to practice in each new design-build project.
Mitchell started working with our team at the beginning of March, 2016. We look forward to introducing you to the newest member of our property solutions team - feel free to stop by to say, "hello" to Mitchell. We believe you will appreciate the same things we did when we decided to bring him on board - as he is extremely sharp, highly dedicated, and is always sporting a smile!